Hello everyone, it's lovely to be back! I've been keeping up with the Olympic events, but not much else, so let me know if I've missed any major happenings!
I thought that lots of my doggy pals (and possibly even putty tats) might like to try a recipe I've come up with whilst on my short sabbatical... I've called it Fishy Fudge Cake.
To make it, you will need the following ingredients:
185g tin of tuna in brine (do not drain)
Flour - either wholemeal, or gluten and wheat free depending on any allergy issues
2 tsp dried parsley
Put the tuna, eggs and parsley in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer.
We're not quite sure about the exact amounts of oats and flour (well done Mum....) but suggest adding a tablespoon of each and mixing. Keep adding in equal quantities until you have a thickish cake-like batter. Add a little water to thin if necessary.
|Ooooh I could eat it right now......!|
Heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
Grease and line a cake tin - we used a 7 1/2" x 1 1/4" sandwich tin, but anything similar will do.
Place the mixture in the cake tin and place in the oven for about 35 minutes
|Gordon Ramsay would have a fit but it's too good to waste..hehe!|
|Hurry up and get it out of the tin Mum.....|
|Fishy Fudge Cake.....drool drool....|
|STOP teasing me Mum!|
|LET GO damn you!|
|Fine. I'll just eat your fingers as well...nom nom nom nom.......|
Here are some additional ideas you might want to try out:
- Use sardines in oil, brine or tomato sauce instead of tuna.
- If your Mum or Dad has a strong stomach, use fresh liver, finely chopped in a food processor....!
- Add a tablesoon of cod liver oil to the batter
- If you like your treats really smelly add some freshly grated garlic!
- Use rice flour instead. This is good for those with wheat / gluten allergies and tends to give a crunchier texture.